Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanksgiving before Christmas.......

Before we get into Christmas post, thought I'd share some of T-day.

We had a nice T-day with some friends coming over to join us for dinner. They had a turkey fryer, something we had never done before so.....we deep fried a turkey. It was surprisingly not greasy, but very moist and took much shorter time to cook than our usual smoking of the turkey. Here are some shots of the big cooking event.

The plunge



The removal

The dinner spread, I didn't take many pictures but we had fun playing games and visiting while we awaited dinner.


Everyones favorite - dessert


On the Saturday following T-day Ken and I along with some of our friends from church prepared and served dinner to about 25 homeless folks. The area churches, in the winter help feed and house the homeless who are overflow from the regular Salvation Army shelter so no one has to sleep outside when it's so cold. It was a neat experience, hearing their stories and getting to serve them. A good reminder of all that we have to be thankful for and maybe a new tradition.

No comments: