WOW! Lots of snow, we already had a foot of snow when we awoke this morning and it is still snowing. We're getting 1-2 inches an hour, according to our local weather. It's supposed to taper off this afternoon, but will stick around all week as our highs are in the low 30's. Today is only getting up to 26'. This is making the snow really light,dry and powdery. Ken and the girls are scoping out the best sled runs for later today. Here are some pictures I took this morning, not out of focus just lots of snow coming down.
This is the most snow the girls have seen ( or at least remember). When we were in Durham, we once got almost 2 feet of snow in February. We were in a rental house, waiting to move, Ken was in France, Hannah was 3 years old and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with Lauren. I'm pretty sure Hannah and I didn't do too much frolicking in the snow and I'm also confident we didn't own any snow boots or pants. We are finally the proud owners of our first official snow shovel. In NC we just used a regular shovel if anything lasted long enough to be shoveled.
our front door was the same way, we had to dig out to go outside
It no longer looks like this, as the snow has just continued to fall, though much less deep, he's had to go back and do the first part over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment