Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little Gardening Fun

*disclaimer* this post is from April,  when I went to post new garden pics, realized I had never showed these

Hopefully this years gardening will be better than last years.  We had great luck with tomatoes and zucchini, but am hoping to get more from the other veggies we planted.  I’m thinking since I’m missing my big pregnant belly, it should go better or at least be more comfortable Winking smile

We started some seeds for corn, beans, peas and sunflowers.   It’s amazing how quickly they

sprout in these little plastic growers.

P1040408  P1040410  P1040409

                                                             P1040406

Did some weeding and cleaning out of our garden beds and added a new bed for the strawberries.  Ken covered it in the hopes that we would actually get some of them before the birds and critters. 

P1040603   

And just a few short weeks later,  we’ve got  strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, peppers, basil, garlic, onions, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, zucchini, corn, beans, peas, broccoli.  We’re planning on adding some watermelon and cantaloupe too. 

              P1040601  P1040602  P1040599

 

              P1040614     P1040612

 

Catherine

No comments: