Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Little Delights

 

Not a surprise to most, but in case you didn’t know…..I’m a bit of a nature nut.   Love how amazing, creative, funny and peaceful it can be.  And to me always pointing to the Creator.  Sometimes there are things I think He leaves just for me,  a little gift of sort, because He knows how much it will delight me.

So some recent little delights.

We’ve been seeing an animal in the distance that we just couldn’t quite figure out, a bit large to be a squirrel and not the “right” color but……..Well we got a close up look finally as it was burying nuts in our vegetable garden.    It looks like it’s a white squirrel.  Not that common but found in the mountains of NC and VA.  Very cool!

P1020798               P1020947

I hear this guy often, but they are kinda shy and hard to see.  But I just happened to be getting the mail one day and there he was…..(so yes I ran and got my camera).  This is a pileated woodpecker, very large and beautiful.

                                                      P1020873

Feeling wonderfully blessed to have this as my backyard view.  This picture was taken off our back deck.  When we moved, one of my good friends said to me “ I hate to see you move, but so glad that God has put you in a place that speaks to how He made you”  and that is sooo true.

                        P1020958   

                   P1020959

Though I’m a nature lover in general, there are a few critters that I hold dear.   This is one of them,  chipmunks.   I’ve known that we have them in are backyard and have seen very distant glimpses of them,   But I just happened to look out the window of our study to see this…

P1010503        P1010502

He was enjoying my potted plants and the bird seed on the ground.  It was a total day maker.

                                    P1010483

So though it’s possible that these chance encounters are just good luck,  I think of them as special gifts between me and the One who made me and who knows just what and when to give these little delights. 

Catherine

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

I LOVE chipmunks and wish we had some here!! :) We had so many up in Maine and used to feed them out of our hands at my grandfather's camp.