Friday, May 16, 2008

Wildflower Walk

We went on a beautiful walk that ran along a mountain stream, it was filled with a wide variety of wild flowers. Here are some pictures from our outing. Some are not so good, as I was taking pictures while slinging Caleb, so between the wind and Caleb's interest in my camera lense cover dangling near him, my point of focus was often changed during the picture taking.




I just love the sound of the water flowing and babbling over the rocks.




Virginia Bluebells



Delphinium???


Fringed Woodland Iris





Star Chickweed

There were lots of Trilium all over, growing in groups and some were over 18" tall.

White Trillium

Red Trillium

Pink Painted Trillium








Wild Geraniums




Lauren found her name on the side of a tree, she thought it was wild to find your name on a nature walk, but then decided she didn't like the fact that someone used "her" name to hurt a tree. We have to try and find the names of the rest of these and others that we have found since. Hope you enjoy our little walk.

1 comment:

*m* said...

Hi roomie! Beautiful pix. Were the plants labeled along a nature trail, or did you ID these all by yourself? For someone who grew up in the woods, I am dreadful at plant identification.

As for the "Lauren" tree, I understand her concern about the carving, but it looks like the tree has recovered pretty well.